Heart is one of the most amazing organs of the human body. When the heart stops beating, we will lose the chance to live. The heart begins to throb before we were born and will continue pulsing until we die.
Do you know that there are interesting facts about our heart? In this articles, USA Health Articles have summarized it.
Here are 10 Interesting Facts About the Heart
- Average as much as 72 times the heart beats per minute. It means that the heart beat up to about 100,000 times a day and 3.6 million during the year.
- Every day the heart generates enough energy to drive the truck as far as 20 miles (32 km).
- Heart begins to beat about four weeks after conception (when the fetus is still in the womb), and continue pulsing until someone dies.
- A person is more likely to have heart attacks on Mondays than any other day of the week.
- One of three possible first heart attack is a last chance for one’s life. In other words, the first third of fatal heart attacks.
- Baby’s heart has the same number of cells as the adult heart, but its size is only one of sixteen times the adult’s heart.
- Newborn baby has a faster heart rate, which is around 70-190 beats per minute.
- Women’s heart is 25% smaller than men’s heart. Therefore, women’s heart must be pulsed six times more than the male heart to pump sufficient amount of blood throughout the body.
- Heartbeat sound comes from opening and closing the four heart valves.
- The ancient Egyptians believed that the heart along with other major organs have their own accord and could move inside the body.
These are 10 interesting facts about our heart. We already know that heart is important organ of our body and has significant role in pumping blood throughout the body. Hence, we need keep our heart stay healthy.