Heart-Healthy Diet aims to meet the nutritional needs of the body without aggravate the heart. It also can provide the effect of weight reduction, and prevent the emergence of water resistance and salt which can raise hypertension.
Directly and indirectly, consciously or not. One of the cause of heart disease is the accumulation of high levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the long term can cause plaque in the blood vessels, thus reducing the flexibility of blood vessels and lead to heart problems.
Heart-Healthy Diet Plan and Menus
The following are the types of foods suitable for heart-healthy diet:
- Berry: Variety of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and red grapes.
- Carbohydrate sources: Weight (either in teams or serve porridge), bread, noodles, macaroni, biscuits, potatoes, and honey.
- Animal protein sources: Beef, skinless chicken, Fish containing omega 3, egg (egg yolk), low-fat milk with a low dose.
- Vegetable protein sources: Dried beans, such as soybeans and processed products such as tofu and tempe.
- Vegetables: vegetables that do not contain gas, such as spinach, water spinach, green beans, long beans, carrots, tomatoes, squash, and bean sprouts. And avoid vegetables such as cabbage, turnips, cabbage, and young jackfruit.
- Fruits: All fresh fruits like banana, papaya, orange, apple, melon, watermelon, and brown, and avoid fruits like durian and jackfruit cooked.
- Drinks: Either drink dilute tea, chocolate, and syrup. Avoid drinks like tea or coffee viscous, and soft drinks as well as alcoholic.
The things that need to be considered such as reduce smoking. Try to eat regularly, not too full, and do not let the stomach empty for too long. And try to do light exercise like leisurely stroll or jogging for at least 30 minutes.
Do you know that broccoli is good for health heart?